As seen on Wish TV.
Written By: Staff | November 9th, 2018
Big appetite. Big portions. Big flavor.
That’s the mantra of Metro Diner, and this season, the crew is serving up brand new additions, including their Pulled Pork Mac Stack, Dijon-Glazed Salmon, Braised Beef Tips over Mash Tender and Chicken Parmesan.
On the menu today? The Pulled Pork Mac Stack!
About Metro Diner:
• There made-in-house menu favorites include Charleston Shrimp & Grits, Fried Chicken and Waffles and famous Meatloaf Plate – served all day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• At Metro Diner, they feature daily blackboard specials with quality ingredients from their scratch kitchen, and they also serve gluten-friendly options – they have something for everyone! Guests can visit metrodiner.com to view their daily specials.
Established in 1992 by the Davoli family with a single eatery in Jacksonville, Metro Diner is among the nation’s fastest growing casual dining concepts. Metro Diner is known for its warm, welcoming service, large portion sizes and serious diner food. With most dishes priced under $15, the eatery offers a great value during their all-day breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Metro Diner’s made-from-scratch menu features quality ingredients and signature dishes including Fried Chicken and Waffles, Charleston Shrimp & Grits, and their famous Meatloaf Plate. To learn more about Metro Diner, find a full list of locations or place an order for catering, please visit www.metrodiner.com.
Pulled Pork Mac Stack
• 1 Box of Corn Bread Mix
• 2 Pounds of Pork
• About 2 TBS (per taste) Maple Syrup
• 1 ½ -2 Cups Favorite BBQ Sauce
• 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
• ¼ Cup of Corn
• ½ Tsp. of sugar
• ¼ Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
• ¼ Tsp. Salt
1. Buy (or make yourself) your favorite BBQ pulled pork and keep a little extra BBQ sauce on the side.
2. Buy (or make yourself) your favorite macaroni and cheese.
3. Add ¼ cup of corn, ½ tsp. of sugar and a ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese to your favorite cornbread mix.
4. Follow directions for the remainder of the cornbread mix.
5. Soften 2 sticks of unsalted butter to a creamy consistency.
6. Add maple syrup to the butter until the butter becomes sweet enough for your tastes.
7. Add a pinch of salt to the butter. Mix all ingredients. Chill to harden butter.
8. Cook your cornbread mix in a waffle iron. The Cheddar Cornbread Waffle should cook for about 30 seconds longer than a traditional waffle.
9. Cook until edges are brown and crispy. Place in a large bowl.
10. Top with the macaroni and cheese and pulled pork.
11. Drizzle with additional BBQ sauce.
12. Serve with Maple Butter.
To learn more, visit: