- In partnership with U2opia Mobile, Twitter is targeting customers in emerging markets to help users with a mobile phone, but no access to the Internet to access tweets.
- The campaign is designed to enable customers in emerging markets to access Twitter via their mobile phones without requiring a data connection.
- The technology requires customers to enter a code on their phone to access certain parts of Twitter.
- More access = more potential Twitter users.
- Always create goals before deciding tactics and metrics.
- Use “cause” metrics to test and refine strategies and tactics.
- Analyze “Cause” metrics but report on “effect” metrics.
- Brands are utilizing Snapchat to launch new products, offer exclusive deals and reach a much younger audience.
- When Snapchat Stories rolled out in October 2013, it offered brands a longer-than-10 second conversation format.
- Stories combine multiple snaps to create a replayable, linear story that stays visible for 24 hours.
Social Campaigns and Case Studies:
- The screenplay for Mob City, a gangster noir TV show created by The Walking Dead‘s Frank Darabont for TNT, was broadcast line-by-line, and tweet-by-tweet, on the Twitter handle @MobCityTNT before the show aired.
- TNT wanted to create a unique story-telling experience by sharing the first episode’s screenplay specifically adapted for Twitter.
- Just another great example on how to utilize Twitter as another storytelling platform.
- Launched in 2012, #GivingTuesday’s main goal was to create a national day of giving at the start of the annual holiday season.
- The created hashtag in the name of this campaign anticipated heavy social media advocacy.
- Targeted non-profits as influencers due to their obvious benefit from creating this national holiday.
- Created an easy-to-execute program with a downloadable social media kit which included Twitter ready sample tweets, complete with hashtags, statistics and facts about #GivingTuesday.
About Social in Five
The Tilson PR Social in Five is a weekly recap of social media news including tools, trends and campaigns making headlines.