- At the beginning of 2012, women made up 80% of the audience on Pinterest; over a year later, the male audience reached 30% on Pinterest.
- While women may still outnumber men on Pinterest, it’s a sign that guys are feeling more comfortable with the platform- that, and they might just want to see what their wives and girlfriends are pinning to their “For the Boyfriend” boards.
- Brands are missing an opportunity to market to the growing amount of men joining Pinterest.
Social Campaigns & Case Studies:
- Sexy Liberal wanted to drive ticket sales for an upcoming comedy show in Chicago.
- With Promoted Accounts and Promoted Tweets, @SexyLiberal generated record-breaking advance ticket sales, selling the same number of tickets in one hour that they had sold over a three-day period using other social media platforms.
- In response to Kmart's "Jingle Bells" ad that has gone viral, JC Penney sent a lighthearted exchange via Twitter.
- For the first time Ford will debut their newest Mustang on Instagram and Facebook.
- Instagram paired Ford with 15 key influencers for Mustang Inspires, a microsite showcasing daily 15-second Instagram videos posts that capture inspirations about the car over the past five decades
- Users will be invited to upload their own photos and videos via hashtag #MustangInspires.
- The campaign will help the Mustang community share and connect these personal moments in not just words, but photography and video.
- Detailed insight on how a social media campaign can go viral in just one day.
- Touches on the use of Reddit for the campaign.
- The very first tweet from @SFWish on #SFBatKid received 10 retweets and five favorites. By the day of the event, President Obama’s tweet about #SFBatKid reached 40 million followers and was retweeted more than 8K times.
- Teamed with local companies because the Bay Area MAWF knew it would be promoted widely across their networks, particularly with organizations with mainstream reach (San Francisco Giants) or a strong media presence (San Francisco Chronicle).
About Social in Five
The Tilson PR Social in Five is a weekly recap of social media news including tools, trends and campaigns making headlines.
“The goal of social media is to turn customers into a volunteer marketing army.” – Tilson PR