Bonefish Grill’s New Menu Launch
Create awareness and exposure for Bonefish Grill’s first new core menu in company history.
Execute a strategic, multi-layered, media centric PR program created to secure traditional and social media impressions and share for the new menu and Bonefish Grill as a company.
To launch Bonefish Grill’s first new menu in company history in July 2014, Tilson PR architected and executed a multi-pronged PR program targeting national and regional media, social media and key influencers, and celebrities through a layered approach, including:
- Hosted a VIP media event targeting national press and bloggers in New York City where two dozen attendees interacted with Bonefish Grill chefs preparing new menu items and learned the conceptualization of the new menu.
- Identified and secured actor and national television host, Mario Lopez, to help launch the new menu.
- Hosted a star-studded menu launch party aboard the Lady Windridge yacht in South Beach, Miami for 150+ media and VIP’s. Attendees included Mario Lopez, Steve Santagati, Bravo TV’s Real Housewives Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, Adriana deMoura and Karent Sierra, Bravo TV’s Million Dollar Listing cast members Chad Carroll and Jen Stone and X Factor finalist David Correy.
- Booked and coordinated appearances on national broadcast programs LIVE! With Kelly & Michael, The View, FOX & Friends and Extra with Bonefish Grill spokespeople, new menu messaging and visuals.
- Created market-to-market releases for all 200+ Bonefish Grill locations that were pitched to newspapers, online outlets, regional magazines and broadcast affiliates to drive awareness and restaurant visits.
- Secured 22 week-long radio promotions/giveaways on different stations in Bonefish Grill markets with no buys.
- Engaged 50 top Pinterest influencers to review the new menu and pin images utilizing the #HelloNewMenu hashtag.
- Arranged reviews with 50 top bloggers in Bonefish Grill markets who posted detailed features.
- Approximately 480 total media placements and social media posts from bloggers, media, celebrities and influencers featured the new menu. Print and online coverage included GMA.com, OK! Magazine, Miami Herald, Examiner.com, FSR Magazine, Nation’s Restaurant News, FoxNews.com, and in-flight magazines including Delta Sky, US Airways, Spirit Magazine, Southwest the Magazine and American Way.
- Bonefish Grill obtained editorial TV coverage on FOX & Friends, Extra, LIVE with Kelly & Michael, and The View.
- Bonefish Grill’s National New menu launch resulted in more than 86 million media impressions.
- Through these combined placements and the use of the #HelloNewMenu campaign hashtag, the program drove significant traffic into restaurants and increased social media activity, including likes, shares and overall engagement.